Are there ideas that libraries can take from the business world to create success? On this show I speak with Elektra Greer, Director of the Nederland Community Library in Colorado, about Shark Tank lessons for libraries. She discusses what it might look like to pitch our ideas for funding and support using lessons from entrepreneurs that add value, help develop services, and bolster marketing techniques. It’s an intriguing conversation that provides insights into entrepreneurial success that we can apply in our libraries.
- 96. Policies of Yes with Jennie Garner January 13, 2022
- 95. Beginner’s Guide to Being in Charge with Suzanne Macaulay December 30, 2021
- 94. Shark Tank Lessons for Libraries with Elektra Greer December 15, 2021
- 93. Low Morale in Libraries with Kaetrena Davis Kendrick November 29, 2021
- 92. Trauma-Informed Service with Tiffany Russell November 15, 2021
- 91. Staff Equity and Inclusion Training: An Award-Winning Program with Rosy Wagner October 29, 2021
- 90. Beating Burnout with Amanda Moore October 15, 2021
- 89. Fast-Tracking Your Professional Reputation with Megan Hodge September 30, 2021
- 88. Utilizing Organizational Performance Information with Dr. Larry Nash White September 15, 2021
- 87. How to Talk So Your Boss Will Listen with Sunnie Scarpa August 31, 2021
- 86. So You Want to Be a Manager? with Austina Jordan August 13, 2021
- 85. Library Code of Ethics with Annie Gaines July 31, 2021
- 84. User Experience with Lauren Stara July 14, 2021
- 83. Fighting for Library Funding with Jennifer Henecke June 30, 2021
- 82. Playing On the Same Team with The Friends of the Library with Krista Riggs June 15, 2021
- 81. Dismantling Disinformation with Barbara Alvarez May 31, 2021
- 80. Grant Writing 101 with Julie Edwards May 15, 2021
- 79. The Importance of Strategic Planning with Stu Wilson April 30, 2021
2018 Utah Library Association Conference
What’s Next? How Your Library Can Work Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Your Community This library pre-conference session explores how using service design thinking can help us work with our communities to discover what’s next. Presenters: Adriane Herrick Juarez – Park City Library Director, Samuel Passey – Uintah County Library Director, Carrie Valdes – Grand County Library Director May 16 8:30am – 11:30am
Commencement Speaker for the Graduation of the Utah State Regional Master of Library Science Program
Friday, January 5, 7:00pm Viridian Event Center I will be giving a commencement speech for the graduating class of Cohort 12.
Utah Library Association Fall Workshop
September 29, 2017 Park City Library, 1255 Park Avenue, Park City, UT Panel: Big Issues for Small Libraries – Three experienced directors of small libraries find solutions to challenges and create new ways to deal with issues that small libraries confront every day.
Utah State History Conference
October 10th– 11th, 2017 Rio Grande Depot, 300 S. Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT Honoring the Past, Moving Into the Future: The Renovation of the Historic Park City Library that Developed a Dynamic 21st Century Library while Achieving National Historic Register Designation.
Nevada/Mountain Plains Library Association Joint Conference
October 16th – 18th, 2017 Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 50 US-50, Stateline, NV 89449
Lightning-round presentation on how The Park City Library recently underwent a $9.6M library renovation that included the creation of a media lab that included a sound booth, green screen, film equipment, and other high tech amenities to foster independent media production in a ‘film-centric’ mountain town that is accessible to everyone, not just movie producers.