Library Leadership Podcast was featured in the Mountain Plains Library Association Newsletter for April-May 2018, https://mpla.us/documents/newsletter/2018/duplicate-of-february-march-2018.pdf. This article shares what sparked the idea for the podcast and what our host, Adriane Herrick Juarez, hopes will come from these important discussions, as we make a difference in the world of libraries one conversation at a time.
- 50. Grow Your Own Leaders Using Appreciative Inquiry with Dr. Melissa Cast-Brede and Erica Rose February 14, 2020
- 49. An Interview with Wanda Brown: American Library Association President, 2019-2020 January 29, 2020
- 48. Using a Positions Model for Improving Personal Influence in the Workplace with Pat Wagner January 15, 2020
- 47. Adaptive Leadership with Robin Newell December 31, 2019
- 46. Virtual Reality in Libraries: How We Can Lead the Way with Peter Schreiner December 16, 2019
- 45. Hiring 101 with Kelly Skovbjerg November 26, 2019
- 44. Leading Community Change with Barbara Brattin November 15, 2019
- 43. The Efficient Librarian: Productivity Strategies for the Workplace with Doug Crane October 29, 2019
- 42. Serving Underserved Populations with Dr. Bobbie Bushman October 15, 2019
- 41. Wholehearted Librarianship with Michael Stephens September 29, 2019
- 40. Motivating Your Team with Lauren Hays September 16, 2019
- 39. The Public Library Director’s Toolkit with Kate Hall and Kathy Parker August 30, 2019
- 38. The Accidental Library Marketer with Kathy Dempsey August 15, 2019
- 37. Sustaining Your Library’s Future in an Uncertain World with Rebekkah Smith Aldrich July 17, 2019
- 36. Libraries and Toxic Leadership: Having the Conversation with Alma Ortega July 15, 2019
- 35. Utilizing Our Authentic Strengths to Improve Ourselves, Our Teams, and Our Organizations with Fatima Doman June 28, 2019
- 34. The Value of Relationships in Advocacy with Lance Werner June 17, 2019
- 33. A Key to Relevancy: Creating Experiences in Libraries with Ranny Lacanienta May 31, 2019
2018 Utah Library Association Conference
What’s Next? How Your Library Can Work Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Your Community This library pre-conference session explores how using service design thinking can help us work with our communities to discover what’s next. Presenters: Adriane Herrick Juarez – Park City Library Director, Samuel Passey – Uintah County Library Director, Carrie Valdes – Grand County Library Director May 16 8:30am – 11:30am
Commencement Speaker for the Graduation of the Utah State Regional Master of Library Science Program
Friday, January 5, 7:00pm Viridian Event Center I will be giving a commencement speech for the graduating class of Cohort 12.
Utah Library Association Fall Workshop
September 29, 2017 Park City Library, 1255 Park Avenue, Park City, UT Panel: Big Issues for Small Libraries – Three experienced directors of small libraries find solutions to challenges and create new ways to deal with issues that small libraries confront every day.
Utah State History Conference
October 10th– 11th, 2017 Rio Grande Depot, 300 S. Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT Honoring the Past, Moving Into the Future: The Renovation of the Historic Park City Library that Developed a Dynamic 21st Century Library while Achieving National Historic Register Designation.
Nevada/Mountain Plains Library Association Joint Conference
October 16th – 18th, 2017 Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 50 US-50, Stateline, NV 89449
Lightning-round presentation on how The Park City Library recently underwent a $9.6M library renovation that included the creation of a media lab that included a sound booth, green screen, film equipment, and other high tech amenities to foster independent media production in a ‘film-centric’ mountain town that is accessible to everyone, not just movie producers.