Leadership in libraries means getting the word out about what we do. On this show, we talk with David Lee King, Digital Services Director at Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, about how videos can be a useful way to do that. He teaches us how making library videos can be easy with simple steps to create visual marketing.
- The Public Library Director’s Toolkit with Kate Hall and Kathy Parker August 30, 2019
- 38. The Accidental Library Marketer with Kathy Dempsey August 15, 2019
- 37. Sustaining Your Library’s Future in an Uncertain World with Rebekkah Smith Aldrich July 17, 2019
- 36. Libraries and Toxic Leadership: Having the Conversation with Alma Ortega July 15, 2019
- 35. Utilizing Our Authentic Strengths to Improve Ourselves, Our Teams, and Our Organizations with Fatima Doman June 28, 2019
- 34. The Value of Relationships in Advocacy with Lance Werner June 17, 2019
- 33. A Key to Relevancy: Creating Experiences in Libraries with Ranny Lacanienta May 31, 2019
- 32. How Libraries Can Lead Communities to Thrive with Erica Freudenberger & Margo Gustina May 15, 2019
- 31. Staff as Our Most Important Customers: Creating a Mission-Informed Library with Amy An April 30, 2019
- 30. Creatively Productive: Tackle Time Wasters and Clear Clutter for Success with Lisa Johnson April 15, 2019
- 29. How Do We Express Our Worth: Solving the Value Dilemma with Constance Ard March 29, 2019
- 28. Assembling Superhero Library Teams with Kevin King March 15, 2019
- 27. Who is Your Hero? February 28, 2019
- 26. Assisting Entrepreneurs: Libraries as Launchpads with Eli Guinnee February 21, 2019
- 25. Pushing a Boulder Uphill: Leading Organizational Change with Phil Johnson and Jessica Hayes February 15, 2019
- 24. Video Strategies for Libraries with David Lee King January 29, 2019
- 23. Renew Yourself: A Six-Step Plan for More Meaningful Work with Catherine Hakala-Ausperk January 15, 2019
- 22. How to Improve Your Library’s Fundraising with Peter Pearson December 29, 2018
2018 Utah Library Association Conference
What’s Next? How Your Library Can Work Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Your Community This library pre-conference session explores how using service design thinking can help us work with our communities to discover what’s next. Presenters: Adriane Herrick Juarez – Park City Library Director, Samuel Passey – Uintah County Library Director, Carrie Valdes – Grand County Library Director May 16 8:30am – 11:30am
Commencement Speaker for the Graduation of the Utah State Regional Master of Library Science Program
Friday, January 5, 7:00pm Viridian Event Center I will be giving a commencement speech for the graduating class of Cohort 12.
Utah Library Association Fall Workshop
September 29, 2017 Park City Library, 1255 Park Avenue, Park City, UT Panel: Big Issues for Small Libraries – Three experienced directors of small libraries find solutions to challenges and create new ways to deal with issues that small libraries confront every day.
Utah State History Conference
October 10th– 11th, 2017 Rio Grande Depot, 300 S. Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT Honoring the Past, Moving Into the Future: The Renovation of the Historic Park City Library that Developed a Dynamic 21st Century Library while Achieving National Historic Register Designation.
Nevada/Mountain Plains Library Association Joint Conference
October 16th – 18th, 2017 Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 50 US-50, Stateline, NV 89449
Lightning-round presentation on how The Park City Library recently underwent a $9.6M library renovation that included the creation of a media lab that included a sound booth, green screen, film equipment, and other high tech amenities to foster independent media production in a ‘film-centric’ mountain town that is accessible to everyone, not just movie producers.