Leadership in libraries means getting the word out about what we do. On this show, we talk with David Lee King, Digital Services Director at Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, about how videos can be a useful way to do that. He teaches us how making library videos can be easy with simple steps to create visual marketing.
- 66. Personal Leadership with Michelle Ornat October 15, 2020
- 65. The Ideal Qualities of Library Leaders and Employees with Dr. Anthony Chow & Ashley Conte September 29, 2020
- 64. Times of Change: Leadership, Management, and How Teams Adapt with Tony Gardner September 15, 2020
- 63. Preventing Harassment and Bullying in Libraries with Dr. Steve Albrecht August 28, 2020
- 62. Effective Annual Reports with Patrick Bodily August 14, 2020
- 61. Library Management 101: A Practical Guide with Lisa Hussey July 31, 2020
- 60. The Healing Library: Developing Nontraditional Lending for Trauma Assistance with Megan Emery July 15, 2020
- 59. Planning for the Unplanned with Miriam Kahn June 30, 2020
- 58. Advocacy Now: Why Trustee, Foundation, and Friends Support Counts More Than Ever with Beth Nawalinski June 15, 2020
- 57. The Mentoring Process with Ginger H. Williams May 29, 2020
- 56. Managing Remotely in the Time of Coronavirus with Candice Benjes-Small May 13, 2020
- 55. Developing Libraries as Human-Centered Spaces with Jeff Davis April 29, 2020
- 54. Taking Care of Ourselves with Jenn Carson April 17, 2020
- 53. Presentation Warm-Up with Victor Baeza March 31, 2020
- 52. How to Lead AND Manage with Diana Weaver March 17, 2020
- 51. Criss Cross, Be the Boss: How a Youth Services Skillset Can Prepare You for Library Leadership February 28, 2020
- 50. Grow Your Own Leaders Using Appreciative Inquiry with Dr. Melissa Cast-Brede and Erica Rose February 14, 2020
- 49. An Interview with Wanda Brown: American Library Association President, 2019-2020 January 29, 2020
2018 Utah Library Association Conference
What’s Next? How Your Library Can Work Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Your Community This library pre-conference session explores how using service design thinking can help us work with our communities to discover what’s next. Presenters: Adriane Herrick Juarez – Park City Library Director, Samuel Passey – Uintah County Library Director, Carrie Valdes – Grand County Library Director May 16 8:30am – 11:30am
Commencement Speaker for the Graduation of the Utah State Regional Master of Library Science Program
Friday, January 5, 7:00pm Viridian Event Center I will be giving a commencement speech for the graduating class of Cohort 12.
Utah Library Association Fall Workshop
September 29, 2017 Park City Library, 1255 Park Avenue, Park City, UT Panel: Big Issues for Small Libraries – Three experienced directors of small libraries find solutions to challenges and create new ways to deal with issues that small libraries confront every day.
Utah State History Conference
October 10th– 11th, 2017 Rio Grande Depot, 300 S. Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT Honoring the Past, Moving Into the Future: The Renovation of the Historic Park City Library that Developed a Dynamic 21st Century Library while Achieving National Historic Register Designation.
Nevada/Mountain Plains Library Association Joint Conference
October 16th – 18th, 2017 Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 50 US-50, Stateline, NV 89449
Lightning-round presentation on how The Park City Library recently underwent a $9.6M library renovation that included the creation of a media lab that included a sound booth, green screen, film equipment, and other high tech amenities to foster independent media production in a ‘film-centric’ mountain town that is accessible to everyone, not just movie producers.