Leadership in libraries means getting the word out about what we do. On this show, we talk with David Lee King, Digital Services Director at Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, about how videos can be a useful way to do that. He teaches us how making library videos can be easy with simple steps to create visual marketing.
- 81. Dismantling Disinformation with Barbara Alvarez May 31, 2021
- 80. Grant Writing 101 with Julie Edwards May 15, 2021
- 79. The Importance of Strategic Planning with Stu Wilson April 30, 2021
- 78. Implementing High Tech Amenities with Trish Hull April 15, 2021
- 77. Trauma-Informed Service with Bryce Kozla March 30, 2021
- 76. Compassion in Action with Carey Hartmann March 14, 2021
- 75. Creating Effective Policies and Procedures with Carli Spina February 27, 2021
- 74. Partnering for Impact with Cheryl Heywood February 15, 2021
- 73. Workplace Stress with Brenda Hough January 30, 2021
- 72. Turning Superfandom into Award-Winning Collection Development with Beth Atwater January 15, 2021
- 71. Developing a Successful Award Application with Ed Garcia December 31, 2020
- 70. Performance Management with Brian Mortimore December 15, 2020
- 69. Reflections on Library Leadership Podcast with Adriane Herrick Juarez November 30, 2020
- 68. Big Programming Ideas for Small Budgets with Chelsea Price November 14, 2020
- 67. Leadership in Unprecedented Times with Ramiro Salazar October 31, 2020
- 66. Personal Leadership with Michelle Ornat October 15, 2020
- 65. The Ideal Qualities of Library Leaders and Employees with Dr. Anthony Chow & Ashley Conte September 29, 2020
- 64. Times of Change: Leadership, Management, and How Teams Adapt with Tony Gardner September 15, 2020
2018 Utah Library Association Conference
What’s Next? How Your Library Can Work Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Your Community This library pre-conference session explores how using service design thinking can help us work with our communities to discover what’s next. Presenters: Adriane Herrick Juarez – Park City Library Director, Samuel Passey – Uintah County Library Director, Carrie Valdes – Grand County Library Director May 16 8:30am – 11:30am
Commencement Speaker for the Graduation of the Utah State Regional Master of Library Science Program
Friday, January 5, 7:00pm Viridian Event Center I will be giving a commencement speech for the graduating class of Cohort 12.
Utah Library Association Fall Workshop
September 29, 2017 Park City Library, 1255 Park Avenue, Park City, UT Panel: Big Issues for Small Libraries – Three experienced directors of small libraries find solutions to challenges and create new ways to deal with issues that small libraries confront every day.
Utah State History Conference
October 10th– 11th, 2017 Rio Grande Depot, 300 S. Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT Honoring the Past, Moving Into the Future: The Renovation of the Historic Park City Library that Developed a Dynamic 21st Century Library while Achieving National Historic Register Designation.
Nevada/Mountain Plains Library Association Joint Conference
October 16th – 18th, 2017 Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 50 US-50, Stateline, NV 89449
Lightning-round presentation on how The Park City Library recently underwent a $9.6M library renovation that included the creation of a media lab that included a sound booth, green screen, film equipment, and other high tech amenities to foster independent media production in a ‘film-centric’ mountain town that is accessible to everyone, not just movie producers.